Teenage gunmen open fire on San Diego mosque, killing 3 men and then themselves
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Two teenage shooters opened fire at a San Diego mosque on Monday and killed three men before killing themselves a few blocks away, police said.
The attack at the Islamic Center of San Diego is being investigated as a hate crime, San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl said at a news conference at a neighborhood park across from the mosque.
He said the “circumstances that led up to this” would come out in the days ahead.
Wahl said later that officers had been talking to one of the teenagers’ mothers earlier in the day after she had contacted police around 9:40 a.m. to say her son was missing along with multiple weapons and her vehicle.
