Portable classrooms for Tumbler Ridge, B.C., as shooting victim is remembered
The British Columbia government says portable facilities are arriving in Tumbler Ridge, B.C., to allow children to return to school after six people were killed at the community’s high school last week.
The B.C. government says in a news release that the new facilities will be set up on the grounds of nearby Tumbler Ridge Elementary school, with bathrooms arriving first on Monday, followed by classroom units on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Tuesday marks one week since five pupils and a teacher’s aide were shot dead at Tumbler Ridge Secondary School by 18-year-old Jesse Van Rootselaar, after she killed her mother and 11-year-old half-brother at their home.
And while some thoughts are on returning to class, the students who never will are also front of mind.
